Monday, November 2, 2009

Slow news day

When I started this blog, I thought it would be a good place to whine and complain about the pain I was in or how hungry I was.  Maybe that's coming, but so far, I have only positive things to say about my surgery and the after effects.  I still have no hunger.  There's a tiny bit of discomfort when I bend certain ways, so I avoid that.  If I drink too fast or take too big of a drink, I get chest pain, but again, it's easy to avoid that.

If I have anything to complain about, it's that I can't drink as quickly as I'd like to, and I'm kind of bored.  I want to get out and take a long walk or hop on the treadmill, but my surgeon advised me not to get too far away from my couch for the first week.  I was encouraged to walk often, but not much and not far at first, because I'll lose my energy really quickly.  That makes sense.  I'm only taking in about 300-400 calories a day, if that.  And I'm still not getting as much liquids as I need to, so I need to be really aware of symptoms of dehydration.

I'm excited to say that I finally weigh less than I did when they weighed me right before surgery.  It's typical to gain several pounds after surgery because of all the fluids pumped into me.  It was fun to finally feel like I'm losing.  I'm going to try really hard to not be a scale addict.  Once a week should be sufficient.  I'll be weighed when I go in for my check-up on Friday, so I'm going to try to stay away from the scale until then.

For now I'm going to keep wandering around my apartment for 10 minutes every hour, maybe venture outside for a few minutes, drink my water, finish my breakfast protein shake, do some laundry, and probably nap later. 

No comments:

Post a Comment