Monday, November 16, 2009

Midway through the third week

I'm not doing very well keeping up with this blog.  I want some sort of documentation of my process, so I need to get better.

I had a bad day yesterday when I weighed in and had somehow gained two pounds.  Why the face?  I'm assuming it was water retention, because I can't possibly gain weight when I'm eating 600 calories a day.  So that sucked.  I'm going to let a few days go by and weigh myself again Wednesday to make sure the number is going in the right direction.

I'm eating soft solid food now.  I can easily tell the difference in restriction as opposed to liquids and purees.  I can't take much more than a few small bites before I start to feel full.  Little Sleevie Wonder is definitely doing his job.  I can't eat a whole scrambled egg.  I, and sorry if this starts to get gross, couldn't finish two shrimp.  I almost did, but I ended up spitting out the last bite instead of swallowing it.  I'm terrified of the slimies.

I've learned that I can't have liquids near me when I eat, otherwise I'll mindlessly take a drink.  Yeah, learned that one the hard way.  Ouch.  Watching the clock to make sure I stop drinking half an hour before eating can be annoying, but I understand why I have to do it, and now I've experienced the consequences of drinking while eating.  I don't plan to do it again.

I still haven't felt any real hunger, though I did experience some head hunger over the weekend.  It was nothing a good fanfic couldn't cure.  Thankfully it hasn't come back since.  I think it was in response to being able to eat regular food for the first time.  My foody brain was all, "Mmmmm... food!  We should eat more.  Yum!"  And my stomach was all, "Yeah, you go ahead and try that.  I bet I can change your mind."  Then my Edwardy brain was all, "Hey!  Clipped Wings and Inked Armor just updated!"  Then I read and by the time I finished the chapter is was time for a protein shake and all was well.

Speaking of, it is time for a protein shake now.

No comments:

Post a Comment