Wednesday, November 4, 2009

I did a bad thing...

... but it worked out, so I think it's ultimately a good thing. 

I was prescribed an acid blocker, but I can't start taking it until Saturday.  It's a big capsule that's too big for me to swallow, so I have to wait until I can eat things like applesauce, so I can sprinkle the insides of the capsule on it.  Until then, I was advised to take a liquid OTC antacid to protect my banana until I could start taking the good stuff.

I've been taking Maalox, but it really doesn't work anywhere near as well as my OTC Prilosec.  I'm not supposed to take the OTC Prilosec, because the pill is bigger than a baby aspirin and it might get stuck.  But I felt confident that I could swallow it in such a way that it went down the long way rather than the wide way. 

I probably shouldn't take such chances, but I did, it went down fine, and now my banana will be protected from acid, rather than just having the acid masked by chalky Maalox.

No comments:

Post a Comment