Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Restriction rocks!

Every evening, I plan my meals for the next day.  My main goal is to make sure I get at least 60 grams of protein a day.  Beyond that, I'm trying to take in around 600 calories and fewer than 50 grams of carbs. 

I've tried some different proteins in the past few days, and have found that I'm not ready for dense protein yet.  I can only take a few bites before I'm full, and it's leaving me without enough protein and calories for the day.

I went back to softer food, but with the amount I can eat, I don't get enough protein if I eat three food meals a day.  I decided on food for breakfast and dinner, and protein shakes for lunch and snacks. 

That's all well and good, but when lunch time came today, I didn't want a shake.  Hmm.  What to do?  I know the way my brain works, and figured I would make my dinner for lunch, then have the shake for dinner, and I wouldn't have a choice then, so I would be fine with it.  It's not that I was hungry for lunch, I just wanted food.  Without the choice for dinner, my brain would accept it. 

However.  I made my lunch (1/4 cup refried beans with reduced fat cheese, salsa, and a dollop of Greek yogurt), and was full after three bites.  I'll finish the rest of it for dinner, I still have to fit the shake in somewhere, and I didn't lose any protein, nor did I lose or gain any calories, and I still get food for all three meals.  Score!

I love my sleeve!

No comments:

Post a Comment