Saturday, October 31, 2009

Day 2

Not a lot happened the day after surgery.  I wasn't allowed to shower yet, boooo.  I had to go back to the surgical center to get pumped full of fluids.

While I was getting set up to get my fluids, a guy was placed in chair next to mine, separated by a wall.  He somehow drank three liters of fluids the same day he had surgery.  I got in maybe one liter, though I don't think it was quite that much.  He was praised for that.  I was reprimanded for drinking out of a bottle and for something else.  I can't remember what it was, now, but I know there were two reprimands.  It was probably about pulling out my IV line.

I raced with the guy next to me to see who would finish their fluids first.  I won!  I won because she found a good, big vein in my arm.  If I hadn't yanked out my IV, it would have been in my hand and would have taken quite a bit longer.  Plus, I was constantly pumping pressure onto the IV bag to make it go more quickly. 

I did very little the rest of the day.  I wanted to read fanfic, but my vision was blurred all day.  Sad.  I was able to watch TV, so I caught up on a couple of shows. 

In addition to water and popsicles, I tried a cup of sugar-free Jello as well.  One of those little cups that you get in a six pack took me about two hours to eat.

My fluid intake was pathetic.  I need to do better, but it's so difficult.  I feel full after just a few sips, and I'm afraid of hurting my banana if I take in more.

I only woke up once in the middle of the night, so that was a definite improvement over the first night. 

Pretty boring.

No comments:

Post a Comment