Monday, December 28, 2009

Losing It

I knew it couldn't last forever.  Everything was going great.  No complications, no nausea, no diarrhea, a little bit the opposite way, but nothing a little Activia couldn't fix.  I've had stalls, but they don't last forever, my sleeve is doing its job making sure I don't overdo it, I've been walking regularly and feeling great.  I have not felt hungry in two months.

And then... ugh.  Then I washed my hair this morning and had clumps of hair falling out.  I knew this was coming.  It typically starts in the third month post surgery.  I enter the third month tomorrow.  I'm right on track.  I was really hoping to avoid this part, but very few people do.  I know it's temporary, and it's not like I'm going to lose all my hair (dear lord, I hope not, anyway), but it still sucks.

I need to color my roots.  They're too dark, and I have far too many gray strands coming in.  I fear, however, that even more hair will fall out if I pump it full of chemicals, so I'll just have to deal.

So.  My first real complaint.  Is it enough to make me regret my decision?  Hell fucking no.  I don't like it, but I sure like the 44 pounds I've lost.  I love how good I feel, how I don't lose my breath walking up the steps to my apartment, how my car is easier to steer now that my big belly isn't in the way of the steering wheel anymore.

Yep.  Still the best decision I've ever made. 

No comments:

Post a Comment